Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Time travel

I hate when movies and TV shows try to involve time travel, but don’t really think about what would happen. A few good examples of this are Back To The Future, and Heroes.

Think of this scenario that often comes up, but indirectly:
I go back in time to meet myself somewhere 5 min ago, and tell myself not to go back in 5 min.

…If I did that, then I never went back. So I never stopped myself from going back to stop myself?
So then I did go back, but then I didn’t…

I hate when movies try to pass this off as:
1. Not affecting anything
2. Fixable
3. Fixable, as long as I can get myself to go back again and tell myself to go back after I told myself not to go back…


These are the things I think of while watching TV/movies.

On the other hand, I need to watch Primer again to make sure that I fully understand and agree with its time travel practices.

No comments: