Thursday, May 17, 2012

Quadrocopter Build - Part 11 - Progress on new frame

Hello,
Here is an update on the new frame I am working on. I have been looking for a place to cut it and I have had a few interesting options.
1. Someone an hour and a half away offered to cut it for me once he fixes his CNC machine.
2. Get a local shop to cut it (looking like $100+).
3. Possibly get help from a local hack-lab where they have a CNC machine. However they have high membership fees and I don't know any members that could help me out. They do have an 'open house' every Tuesday. Maybe they would help me out. But carbon fiber could be rough one their bits and it is messy.
4. Cut it my self and make it ugly :P

Here is the latest frame design.
I still need to put in some locations to be cut out to save weight. I also need to build it out of cardboard and test fit everything. That's for another day...

No comments: