Monday, April 30, 2012

Quadrocopter Build - Part 10 - Notes and new frame work

Hello!
I have a few things to note that I have learned lately. I also want to put up a few of the things that I have been working on for the next frame.


Lessons learned:
- Practice. Lots. This may involve crashing. I need more practice.
- Read*. Lots. The more you know the better you are for yourself and anyone else you may talk with about this stuff. *=Reading does not just mean reading. I hate reading. YouTube videos are often good too. As with everything, the quality of the information depends on the source.
- Talk to people that have done it before. In forums, on YouTube, whatever. It will save you time and save you from making mistakes that they have already made.


The frame that I am working on next is a carbon fiber quad frame. It will be between 700 and 1100mm. I have some of the parts that I will need for it. I will need to make a lot of the parts because I cannot find things that I like/want to use for some things.

I have 4 carbon fiber tubes that are each 500mm long (19.7 inches).
I have a sheet of 1mm thick carbon fiber. It is around 15 inches (381 mm) by 21 inches (533 mm).

Here are a few images of my design for the main body parts which will be cut from the sheet of carbon fiber.


(Created with Google Sketchup)

This was a quick and dirty blog post, but its slightly better than o blog post...

No comments: