Sunday, June 3, 2012

Quadrocopter Build - A new hope

I have sold the X525 Quadcopter that I built. Now it is time to work on my new, larger, more powerful, carbon fiber quadcopter.

I have ordered lots of parts for it already over the last 3 days. Here is a list of what I already have:
4x 12mmx10mmx500mm carbon fiber tubes
19 3/4" x 15 3/4" x 1.5mm sheet of carbon fiber
4x Aluminium CNC Metal Motor Mount
4x 12mm Fiber Glass/Carbon Tube Fixture Part

Here is a list of what I have ordered for the project:
ArduPilot Mega 2.0 with External GPS
4x Turnigy D2836/9 950KV Brushless Outrunner motors
4x Hobbyking SS Series 25-30A Electronic Speed Controllers (card programmable)
TURNIGY BESC Programming Card
1/3-inch SONY CCD Video Camera (NTSC)
2.8mm F:2.0 Turnigy Micro FPV Camera Lense (Viewing Angle: 115 degree)
Hobbyking 2-8S Cell Checker with Low Voltage Alarm
Turnigy 9X 9Ch Transmitter w/ Module & 8ch Receiver (Mode 2) (v2 Firmware)
Turnigy 2650mAh 3S 1C LLF Tx Pack (Futaba/JR) (to go in Turnigy 9x)
Turnigy 9X LCD Backlight Kit - White (DIY)
Turnigy Receiver Controlled Switch
Rubber Grommet for servos (10pcs/set) (could make good vibration dampers/isolators)
Heli Canopy Rubber Grommet Medium (6pcs/bag) (could make good vibration dampers/isolators)
Turnigy Accucel-6 50W 6A Balancer/Charger w/ accessories
HobbyKing UBEC 3A / 2-6s LiPO (mostly for testing)
Turnigy Battery Strap 330mm


I am currently working on redesigning the main frame for the new carbon fiber quadcopter. I have got feedback fro ma few people and I found a few problems myself. I am working to get all of the issues discovered worked out then I will post again to get more feedback and hopefully work out any new issues.

More to come as soon as I finish the next version of this frame design!

No comments: