Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Quadrocopter Build - Part 5 - Upgrade and start over

I have upgraded the firmware to 4.7 on the KK multicopter board. I ran into several issues but the short story is, use these guides to help you avoid the issues I had:

"quadcopter (x-mode build log)"

"KK flight-controller setup guide"

To extent on the short story, 4.7 has a lot of changes and the are annoying but they result in a much better flight with more control.

Go read the two sties or at least just the first one.

I have broke too many props, and it turns out that the set of two blade props that I bought have too small of a shaft hole (*giggle*).

New props are on order from China... I may stop by a local hobby shop and see if they have any I can buy way over priced just so I can get this thing off the ground.

Oh, also, make sure your transmitter have all axes are centered and not are inverted. If you have a very simple/cheap Tx but you can get a USB cable to configure it, do.

No comments: